Grouping words by their sounds - rather than letters - can be a much more effective tool when teaching students how to read and spell.
By learning the sounds and spelling patterns, students are empowered to read unfamiliar words - which results in increased independence.
A Sound Wall can play a key role as they learn these fundamental patterns because it:
- provides explicit instruction of phonemes.
- focuses on building orthographic mapping.
- allows students to always have an area to review.
- provides a visual reference for students.
- improves spelling because it promotes a reference to the spelling pattern (rather than telling students how words are spelled.)
- improves decoding skills when reading because they will start recognizing the reading codes.
👀 Watch your learners transform before your eyes when they experience the power of THE ULTIMATE SOUND WALL!
✅ 89 Vowel Wall Posters
✅ 52 Consonant Wall Posters
✅ Color-coordinated, grouped by sound/spelling pattern
✅ 3 Design color options included, teal and black circles and star sound posters. Multiple student copies are included with different designs.
✅ A student handout (8.5x11) for both the 'Vowel Village' and 'Consonant Community'. (Helps with independent reading)
The Sound Wall is completely digital & delivered immediately. Just print & learn!
❗️ We recommend that you start your Sound Wall very bare. Grow it by adding sounds and patterns gradually after they have been taught and learned.